Friday, June 21, 2013

Earthship Biotecture

In volunteering at IdeaCity this past week, I heard a alk from Francis Gendron about Earthship Biotecture. In essence, these sustainably built homes rely on recycled tires, the earth surrounding the land, strategic alignment with the yearly sun, ingenious airflow for natural heating and cooling, and supremely efficient water usage to make them some of the most beautiful and efficient homes I've heard about to date! More specifics here:
http://earthship.com/canada
Earthship has internships, a full Academy to learn how to build, and a variety of e-books and online videos to learn how to build in this earth friendly way. I think my favourite talk of the three days.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post and wonderful blog, I really like this type of interesting articles keep it you.

    Vertical green garden

    ReplyDelete