Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Another "Garbage" Recipe!

I came across a pretty awesome easy recipe that I've used a bunch of times now whenever I steam a lot of large greens like kale and swiss chard. I've seem people just throw away the stems... Don't! Eat them! Delicious!

Steam kale, chard, and any other hearty green stems for a few minutes until mostly cooked through
Mix together with some tomato sauce, a freshly blended tomato or tomato paste
(I usually do it just with these but I fot fancy and added some sauteed onion and garlic and grated fresh zucchini too)
Top with breadcrumbs, organic cornmeal, crushed nuts, or any other crunchy type topping.
Top that with cheese, or vegan cheese, or nut cheese.
Bake until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment