Monday, April 29, 2013

Clothing Sustainability


One of the best skills I ever learned as a teenager was how to sew.  I was just generally interested and made up a lot of stuff in high school (ooooh boy Grade 10 fashion show!  There were handmade wings...  That's all I need to say, I think, haha). I did at one point do a short 6 week course at a sewing store to learn some basic sewing machine technique and my mum taught me some basic stitchwork.  Needless to say, I'm no professional seamstress but I've saved a lot of time and money doing my own alterations.  The only things I generally take in is changing zippers (so finicky!  but totally doable) or alterations on really fancy clothes.  I think I'll put some basic stitchwork on here soon...  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment