Saturday, April 27, 2013

Homemade Decongestant / Mind-Body Health

I just came across this natural decongestant recipe that sounds wonderful. I'm hoping never to need it but if I do...
http://titus2homemaker.com/2013/01/homemade-decongestant/

As a note on hoping never to need it...
I have found incredibly strong proof (experience over and over and over again) that mental and emotional health are INEXTRICABLY tied to your physical health.
When I am calm, chew well, and am in good company–my digestion is unnoticeable (and so healthy).
When I inhale my food, rush, am not paying attention to it, and am stressed–My digestion immediately fails (read bloating, indigestion, gas, stabbing pains).
When I am stressed, overloaded, overwhelmed–I get sick.
When I take time for myself, breathe, sleep extra, do nice things for myself when I'm getting sick–I get better quickly.
If I stay stressed, overloaded, and overwhelmed when I'm getting sick–I'm sick for 2 weeks.
When I'm feeling like I'm about to have a panic attack and I choose to breathe, settle, and be 5 minutes late for work–I am ok again.
When I'm feeling like I'm about to have a panic attack and I choose to rush to work and stress about lateness–I burst into tears there and cannot stop crying.

Your mind and body are inextricable connected.
Take a moment to pay attention to your body, just a moment, once a day.
See where it can take you.
Your body is full of it's own intelligence, you just need to remember how to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment