Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fruit Fly Compost Bin Infestation Stopped

Traps on top of the bin without opening the bin: fail.
Traps inside the bin: bad plan. 

What I ended up doing to end my fruit fly infestation was opening the bin every once in a while, letting the flies fly out, then closing the bin and putting the traps right on top. I trapped a dozen or so the first night. Yay!

----------------------------------------
On an unrelated note, I made a delicious pie crust with spelt phyllo the other day as an experiment.  It was super successful and delicious!  Instead of a proper dough crust, I just layered strips of phyllo with melted butter brushed on between layers, baked it for about 10 minutes before putting in my filling and voila!  Simple and delicious wheat free crust!

No comments:

Post a Comment